Custom Search
InTheHoleGolf.com has a complete selections of golf bags. Great pricing and free shipping on cart bags, stand bags, & travel bags.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

My in-Favs Golf Courses..

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have played quite a number of golf courses and there are some that I truly felt miserable entering it. Not to say miserable, a better word is it didn't attract me to play in that course again. For some of them, I still enjoyed playing there but with the hope that they might improve in some way.

One of the golf courses that I probably are afraid of playing there will be Jasin Golf Club in Jasin, Melaka. This golf course ain't that bad in terms of the turf, which is cow-grass. But..BUT..that golf course is way too dangerous. Dangerous for golfers and PUBLIC! You all might wonder why PUBLIC are involved? My introduction will be, this is the FIRST golf course, where I tee off in front of a primary school. Come on, a primary school behind a golf course. It is so near, that whenever you tee off, there is young children shouting here and there. The worse part is, below the tee box, is a road. And it is the only road where you can access to the school. So you will have plenty of cars parking in front of the first tee box. Isn't that dangerous? What if you topped your ball? The distance between your ball (the place where you tee) and the car is the distance that a golf ball can KILL somebody. I played there once and have this so-called bad experience there. This is just danger to the public. As for golfers, I really can't imagine when it is at its peak time. You know WHY? I'll give you a scenario. Imagine yourself, playing in a golf course which have a shape of a circle. Where each circumference of the circle, is the place you tee-off. And the fairway is in the middle of the circle. Understand? You are like in NO-MANS LAND when you are in the centre. When people shout 'FORE', you don't even know from where the golf ball fly from. Probably I'm exaggerating a little bit, but due to safety, exaggerating may seem important. The golf course, if I'm not mistaken was closed already. Because of what reason, I don't know. But there is one thing for sure, the maintanence of the golf course, is much better than other public golf courses so far as I see (of course not better than Royal Johor but it is better than average golf club).

what i think about Jasin golf club..is something like this..


The other golf course which I played several time before it was close down will be Golden Valley GCC in Melaka too (nearby Jasin). The golf course was once known as the Malaysia's Best golf course. But due to poor maintanence, I mean truly poor maintanence, it is shut down, but NOT FOR GOOD. The golf course was designed by Japanese and it has a lot of Japanese elements in the architecture of the ClubHouse itself. This very golf course are long and even long hitters may consider it long. It has really challenging and interesting holes which you really need to use quite a lot of your brain instead of just brawl, to hit long and strategic shot. G. Valley, was a really great course. Unfortunately, due to poor maintanence by the Management and Golf Maintanence personel, the golf course degraded in a fast motion. The turf which is origally bermuda grass was slowly turn into half-bermuda half-cow grass and slowly turn to SWARM grass. It is really sad to see that whenver you play there. But what they do was just putting sand on top of the grass only. And when you play there, you can't play well because you were even afraid to hit down the grass. WHY?? Because it is so full of sand causing handpain when you play and damaging your golf club. The green's grass itself was uneven, which seems like there were herds cows went there and eat the grass DAILY. I truly like the golf course very much but what to do, sometimes people just do not know how to cherish golf course.

I think that's about it about the golf course which saddened me in my past experience. In terms of golf courses, you can consider myself as quite friendly where I'm not picky about golf courses. But sometimes, people didn't work as much as they should in order to make their golf course ' One-in-a-Million'. It's easy for me to say, and I know its hard to maintain the golf course. BUT I truly believe, if one are loyal to your members, your members won't run away just like that. Golfers are supportive when they come to improving their home-club. It's just the reality.


p/s : if anyone want me to review some of the golf courses, I may do so- of course subject I played there before. Just name it probably I can share a little. Thanks for the comment.

No comments: