Custom Search
InTheHoleGolf.com has a complete selections of golf bags. Great pricing and free shipping on cart bags, stand bags, & travel bags.

Friday, June 15, 2007

107th US Open Golf Championship

This week, in PGA Tour hottest event, news and live coverage will be all about the inaugural 107th US Open Golf Championship held in Oakmont Country Club, Oakmant,PA. I watched the second round just few minutes ago. And it seems like, Oakmont have something in common with 2004 US Open at Shinnecock- 3G = Glass Ground Green...



As usual, US Open are one of the toughest Major tournament to be put in PGA Tour players' title winnings. With Oakmont's green and rough. It seems like this four days are really tough for all the players out there. So far as I see, the rough there is really thick. Even their second layer are so thick (5 inches or more) that when you place your clubs on it, the rough can reach up to your shaft (which mean your club are totally covered). I came to this conclusion about the rough when I saw Phil Mickelson hitting it when his ball landed in one of the second layer rough, and with his wrist injury, I don't think the rough favor Phil that much.




Let's talk about the green now. It seems like, the green really are like Shinnecock in 2004. Where your balls really need GOOD TRACTION CONTROL OR ABS BRAKE SYSTEM. Professional players especially in PGA Tour are mostly perfectionist in spinning the golf ball, but so far, none that I see spin it well enough. Maybe a couple of 'check', but the ball just keep rolling and rolling. From the fringe rolling up to the back of the green. From landing on the centre of the green, rolling back until 30-40 yards from the hole. OMG! This ain't that easy. And definitely the winner of US Open should be really proud of himself.




The green I mention earlier, I call them 3G= Glass Ground Green. Where it truly seem like a piece of thick hard tempered glass that seems un-CRACKABLE beneath the Poa Annua grass (green measurement speed index for Oakmont = 13!! CRAZY!). So as I was looking at how players anticipate and trying to compensate their games in any way possible, I figured out one thing to blog and one picture to be posted : probably to cheer viewers and players up that Oakmont truly ain't that easy. Back in my mind there is only one solution..that is --



i define the layer as Poa Annua -> Soil -> Glass..



to analyse and check it, we knock it and if it responded with glass sound..



we think of a solution...

After watching so much World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)..I know what is hardcore..



YEAP!! A SLEDGE-HAMMER IS ALL WE NEED...



RIP IT!! THE GLASS BREAK..and help the PLAYERs

P/s: I know a lot of PGA Tour players will thank me for this..and might offer gifts and sort to me..but I only need one thing that i want them to do for me..that is to pay off all my summons for destroying private property...

ENJOY THE 107TH US OPEN AT OAKMONT GUYS..

No comments: