Custom Search
InTheHoleGolf.com has a complete selections of golf bags. Great pricing and free shipping on cart bags, stand bags, & travel bags.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Iskandar Johor Open 2008

As a Johorean myself who had represented my state for quite a numbers of tournament, I'm nothing but proud of Iskandar Johor Open. Also, of Malaysian Players who is playing great in the field. The venue of Iskandar Johor Open is set in Royal Johor Country Club, which I once mentioned it is one of my local favorites golf course. Till now it is still because of the nature of the golf course. It is natural that if you are a true golfer you will enjoy it, otherwise, this golf course can force you to give up your golf. This is how great the venue is.

Apart from there, this year Iskandar Johor Open had attracted Retief Goosen, Niclas Fasth, Thongchai Jaidee and Thaworn Wiratchant. It is a great field to watch as I'm ready to go back to my home-ground golf course probably this Sunday to experience myself the players. Apart from that, let's talk about local players.

We have quite a number of players who is doing great in the field. Apart from the popular Ben Leong and Airil Rizman, I'm really proud seeing the score boards having number of players who once I played circuit with, who once represent my state with me with and some whom I know they are great back in their Amateur time.

Let's put it this way, starting from Ben Leong, he is probably one of the player that me and some of my golf buddies anticipated who will give a chance to Malaysia to play well in a tour. And so far, it is so good for him and truly, Ben Leong might be the one who will be making Malaysia proud.

Airil Rizman, Shaaban Hussin, Sivachandran, Lim Eng Seng, Shaifubari Muda and M Shukree Othman was the local great players when I'm playing my junior circuit. I have seen them, never played with them but usually will still sit at the 18th hole watching how they play golf. Airil is probably the leading Malaysian Amateur for quite a long time and perhaps he is still one of the best. So is others, which I believe they played in RJCC escpecially for Johor Amateur Open, so this course should be nothing but familiar for them. All the best guys!

Next probably the same junior circuit and older than me will be Khor Kheng Hwai and Hanafiah Jamil, Paul Lim and Nicholas Pua. In this category, I've played with Paul and Nicholas, Khor Kheng Hwai is my great-golf-friend buddy, Victor Gan's friend and Hanafiah known him last time. Khor Kheng Hwai had been very good in golf ever since in Junior Circuit, he is one of the contenders last time with Ben Leong and had make a lot of impressions throughout the whole junior circuit season. A lot of people might not know him, because he is much elder than us, I mean in the sense, during his time of Junior Circuit, there are not much tournament, but still he already make his name known himself. Hanafiah is one of the youngest hard-hitting golfer, those that we used to call the ONE TO BEAT. Paul Lim is probably my mentor, coach, and the one that inspire Johor Team a lot. He is the one that helps us throughout our whole training as one of the most diligent youngest trainer in our team.

Next will be the Johoreans that played with me either in MSSM (National-Level Golf Championship) or SUKMA (Malaysian's Games) that is Haziq Hamizan and Abel Tam. Haziq teamed up with me once only in SUKMA games whereby we went to Seremban and if I'm not wrong he pursued his collegiate golf in Australia. A great round on the first round shows that he is getting better and that's good. haha...Abel Tam is one of the juniors that I took care of back in our Johorean's golf times. Haven't seen him for quite some time. Played two MSSM with him and we always like to joke and play with him. Haha..like your cute little brother. But now I think he is more mature and it is really great as one of the Johor most potential player. Very good exposure especially at such young age to play in professional tour tournament. Just hope that he is keeping it up and doing the great thing. All the best Abel.

Next will be the one that I'm seeing that might make a lot of breakthrough in our country, that is Gavin Kyle Green. Probably one of the players that I really see the prodigy potential and a very big heart, both the parents and he himself. He won the under-14 US Teen in July so I bet you all might know who is this guy already. So watch out for him.

Last time my coach used to bring me once to play with Rashid Ismail, and he is one great players too. I wish that he could still remember me and all the best in his game.

Anyway, for all the players that I did not mentioned or sort, I did not forget you all or something, as this blog is just to introduce about some players. all the best guys..I will be back in your scene too, 3 years from now.

No comments: